Tuesday, October 26, 2010

{Local Eats} Cure For The Cold: Steamy Shrimp Casserole



This has been a favorite of my families for years and with the snow coming and going and soon here to stay, I thought I'd share it with you to warm up your family!  What I love about this dish is that it is delicious, easy and lasts a long time!  When I mean easy, I mean almost all of the ingredients come from a can! almost everyone I know who tries this, makes it a staple on their family dinner menu.  I know people call it lots of things but, my husband asks for it as, "The Cajun Shrimp Dish" so,  That is what I call it.

The Cajun Shrimp Dish
1 1/2c. uncooked white rice
2 lbs. uncooked, peeled, deveined shrimp
2 small cans cream of chicken soup
1 large can of Rotel or Aylmer Red Pepper Tomatoes(CA)
1 small can onion soup (remove onions)
1/2 onion diced
1/2 bell pepper diced
1 stick or 1/2 c. margarine

1. Peel shrimp
2. Line a 9X13 glass baking dish with 1lb. of shrimp,1/2 of rice, and 1/2 of the butter(place in dollops)
3. In another bowl mix tomatoes, cream of chicken, onion soup, onion and bell pepper
4. Pour mixture over the 1st layer
5. Layer the remaining lb. of shrimp, rice and butter over the mixture.
6. Smash the top layer into the bottom to make sure all shrimp are covered.
7. Cover with foil and bake at 375 Fahrenheit for 30 min.
8. Stir. Replace foil covering and bake for another 30 minutes.

And Viola! I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment